New favorite recipe - Makes a lot of leftovers!
Paleo Breakfast Casserole
- 12 eggs (You can easily double the eggs to get more out of this recipe without baking over the dish. If doubling the eggs, double the spices as well.)
- 8 strips of cooked bacon cut into small pieces
- 2 full strips of cooked bacon (set aside)
- ½ red onion (diced)
- 1 large yellow squash (chopped)
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini (chopped)
- 2 cups of frozen chopped spinach
- ½ tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 350.
- Whisk all of the eggs together in a large bowl. Add the chopped veggies, bacon and spices. Stir everything together.
- Thoroughly grease the entire 9x13 baking dish (sides too) with coconut oil. Add the egg mixture to the baking dish and evenly distribute it throughout.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the center has set and is firm. Crumble the remaining two pieces of bacon. Once it is finished baking, remove from the oven and sprinkle the bacon on top.
Made his and her casseroles for Britt and I this morning (not for Valentine’s day mind you, just because we like to eat). This is so easy to make it just take a little time when you make it on the scale I did. Used 16 eggs for her’s and 24 for mine; additionally, we use a ton of veggies (I added mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, but didn’t use yellow squash or bacon—normally I would have added lots of bacon but we’re out) so if you’re like us allow for more cooking time. I even had to place each one in the broiler below the oven to get the top middle to cook fully for about 5 minutes on 400 degrees. Be sure to increase the spices if you increase the number eggs. Made this once before and forgot to do that.
Happy eating, enjoy!